Updated: 13 January 2021
KNUTSFORD IS CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
On the 12th January 2021, The Pet Industry Federation, along with DEFRA and The Canine and Feline Sector Group, updated their guidance…
“Groomers may accept a dog to be groomed by appointment where this is necessary for the animal’s welfare and not simply for aesthetic reasons. Welfare reasons could include on veterinary advice for a skin condition or excessive matting causing the pet discomfort. When routine grooming can be delayed without affecting the pet’s welfare until the national lockdown is eased it should be put off”
The strong message is that Pet Grooming Salons cannot operate ‘Business as usual’ and that non-essential grooming appointments must now be cancelled.
As a result of the reduced work across our three salons, we have taken the difficult decision to close our Knutsford Salon, effective 14th January 2020 until further notice.
All clients affected will be contacted in due course, please be patient as we have a lot of people to contact with updates.
Our Holmes Chapel and Bowdon Salons remain open for appointments that fulfil the below criteria. We ask that all appointments are booked online via our dedicated form and supporting photos attached.
What is essential grooming?
Grooms that can still take place during lockdown are as follows:
- To treat or prevent matting
- To support the skin regime of dogs with an existing history of dermatitis (e.g. those dogs that require veterinary medicated shampoo)
- Dogs whose nails are causing disruption to the anatomy of the foot, and severe discomfort. (A photo will be required)
- Trimming around eyes, bum and private areas, under pads of specific areas of matting if said areas are causing pain or discomfort. This may not require a full hair cut, however may require a bath (at the discretion of your stylist)
- Dogs who need grooming for other Veterinary reasons. (A supporting letter from your vet may be required)
It is clear that the coronavirus pandemic has moved into a highly critical phase. Virus transmissions are high and it is with regret we have to close our Knutsford Salon, however we must do what we can to protect our staff, customers and business.
Our groomers will continue to answer Emails of any concerns with your pets and we will be here to answer any queries you may have on the other end of the phone. We have lots of support materials on our blog including helpful how-to videos on maintaining different coat types at home.
Thanks for your understanding.
The Pet Retreat Team X