Updated: 25 February 2021
ALL SALONS OPEN FOR WELFARE VISITS ONLY
Over the past six weeks whilst our Knutsford salon has been closed, we have seen a growing number of welfare grooming concerns needing our expert attention. As such, we have made the decision to reopen the Knutsford salon on reduced hours from the 3rd March, Wednesday to Saturday.
We’d like to stress that it is still not yet “business as usual” for us; we will only be seeing essential welfare concerns at this time, not aesthetic grooming.
Wednesday – Saturday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Monday – Wednesday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Thursday – Saturday: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Please note that our Holmes Chapel and Bowdon salons opening hours remain the same.
We ask that if your pet requires essential grooming, you book an appointment via our online form where possible, and attach clear photos of the concern for us to pre-examine before attending the salon. More information about this will be sent to registered clients shortly.
Our groomers will still be here to answer emails or phone calls. Don’t forget, we also have lots of support materials on our blog including helpful how-to videos on maintaining different coat types at home.
The Pet Retreat Team
WHAT IS ESSENTIAL GROOMING?
Grooms that can still take place during lockdown are as follows:
- To treat or prevent matting
- To support the skin regime of dogs with an existing history of dermatitis (e.g. those dogs that require veterinary medicated shampoo)
- Dogs whose nails are causing disruption to the anatomy of the foot, and severe discomfort. (A photo will be required)
- Trimming around eyes, bum and private areas, under pads of specific areas of matting if said areas are causing pain or discomfort. This may not require a full hair cut, however may require a bath (at the discretion of your stylist)
- Dogs who need grooming for other Veterinary reasons. (A supporting letter from your vet may be required)
Our groomers will continue to answer Emails of any concerns with your pets and we will be here to answer any queries you may have on the other end of the phone. We have lots of support materials on our blog including helpful how-to videos on maintaining different coat types at home.